Location: Stevenage/ Ely
Stormport Connections are an established ICP who provide a turnkey service, from design to construction, for electrical power connection projects. Due to growth within the business, we need a Design Engineer for both 11kV and LV projects.
You will be responsible for producing and managing designs within the Connections team. Acting as the main point of contact for customers, IDNOs, DNOs and internal project delivery teams, you will have strong communication skills and the ability to maintain the high standards of design excellence we have achieved to date.
The right candidate will have proven success in delivering buildable designs based on practical experience and the ability to work manage multiple deadlines by prioritising work as required.
- Interpret and review customer applications and enquiries to determine exactly what they need and provide advice to mitigate any uncertainties
- Interpret and review IDNO and DNO technical documents to determine correct standards and specifications to be adhered to
- Produce outline design and budget estimates to support tender proposals
- Produce detailed substation, cable network and earthing designs and manage design approval process with IDNO and DNOs for accepted projects
- Work alongside and maintain contact with Stormport project delivery teams, providing design guidance and temporary works/variation designs if required.
- Knowledge of the electrical industry and standards, associated with HV and LV projects
- Proven track record in design of DNO and IDNO 11kV and LV connection assets
- Experience in 11kV and LV equipment specification
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Clean driving license and willing to travel when required
To apply call 0870 092 1996 or contact email@example.com.